Who is Pieter Cronjé?
Pieter Cronjé has extensive all-round marketing, communication and leadership skills, combined with management and business experience earned in local government, public enterprise and private sector organisations – in South Africa and abroad.
He has unparalleled experience in competitive, fast changing, crisis driven, sensitive and unionised environments, crisis management and communication as well as change management.
He has pioneered innovative, award-winning communication and marketing campaigns, products, and has managed national and international events. He is currently assisting organising teams in Brazil and Russia with their preparations to host the next FIFA World Cup in 2014 and 2018 respectively.
During a career in journalism (Media 24), broadcasting (SABC), energy (Shell), financial services (Sanlam) and local government (City of Cape Town) he has worked with top business and political leaders in global and South African organisations.
These entities have ranged from small and medium enterprises to a metro that serves 3,7 million customers with 25 000 staff and a R29 billion budget.
Pieter has led or been a core project team member of several major undertakings:
- The transformation and regulation of the South African broadcasting industry
- South Africa’s first democratic election in 1994
- The introduction of unleaded petrol in South Africa
- The first ever demutualization and listing of major financial services company in South Africa
- Directing the City of Cape Town’s communications for its first ten years as a “unicity”
- The 2010 FIFA Soccer World cup
- He also led the city of Cape Town’s “Seven Weeks to Seven Wonders” campaign that helped secure Table Mountain’s title as one of the New Seven Wonder’s of Nature.
He works and consults as a marketing and communications leader, problem solver, strategist, advisor, speaker, presenter, facilitator, mentor, coach and ahs travelled widely. He is a columnist and a writer.